Before proceeding it’s important that you read the following Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. These conditions are the basis upon which bookings are accepted. If you do not agree with the following Terms and Conditions of Sale then please do not proceed with your booking.
Page last updated 6 March 2022
The WOMADelaide Foundation has conducted a comprehensive Covid-19 Risk Assessment for prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery. The event will be held in accordance with SA Health direction and we will provide updates as necessary via website, social media, and direct communication with ticket buyers.
By purchasing or accepting tickets, patrons acknowledge that, even with control measures in place at the event, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness, including COVID-19. By attending, patrons acknowledge that they have considered those risks and their own personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that they may have, and the circumstances of persons with whom patrons may be in close contact following attendance to the event.
Patrons acknowledge that, for a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences. We expressly rely on patrons to bring this health issue waiver to the attention of any guest(s) of the patron. The organisers will rely on this health issue waiver and proceed on the basis that all patrons acknowledge and accept these risks when attending the event.
It is a condition of entry for all patrons that they agree to follow our COVID-Safe protocols and agree to comply with the directions of event staff or security regarding any health directives contained in our COVID Management Plan, or issued by SA Health’s Chief Public Health Officer in regards to COVID-19. It is important that you also consider our full Conditions of Entry as detailed below.
There is an onus on personal responsibility for the health and wellbeing of everyone. If you feel vulnerable, talk to your doctor about what is appropriate for you. If you are seeking further information on COVID-19 visit health.gov.au or call the Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080. This information line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- It is a condition of purchase that you provide correct contact information at the time of purchase. These contact details will be linked to your wristband to ensure effective contact tracing. These details would only be made available to SA Health should the need arise and will not be disclosed or used for any other purpose.
- All patrons are required to QR code check-in (or provide their details on paper records) on entry. Providing contact details is a condition of sale. This also applies to complimentary tickets and staff tickets. If people are unwilling to provide their contact details, they will be refused entry.
- Wristbands must be worn for the period of your ticket type. Wristbands that have been removed or damaged are void and will not be accepted.
- Tickets are not transferable within any single session or day.
- Prices advertised include GST where applicable, and all prices are in $AUD.
- The event organiser reserves the right to change the line-up, program, and/or playing schedule without notice.
Pricing and Payment Methods
- Purchases can be made online.
- We accept VISA and Mastercard, debit cards, but not American Express or Diners.
- Advertised ticket prices are in $AUD and include GST where applicable. Prices do not include administration or bank charges.
- When purchasing online, only credit / Debit cards are accepted and a Merchant Service Fee (bank fee) of 1.5% is calculated on the entire order.
- WOMADelaide is cashless - No cash sales will be accepted
- FEES & CHARGES please note the ticket prices advertised are exclusive of fees and charges. If purchasing online the only payment form accepted is credit card whereby a Merchant Service Fee (MSF) is calculated. The MSF of 1.5% is a bank fee.
Concession Categories and Companion Cards
- The following card holders are entitled to concession price tickets -
- Full-time Student Card
- Australian Pensioner Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Veteran Card (Department of Veterans’ Affairs)
- YHA Members
- Please bring valid proof of Concession to the event as you may be required to show this at the gates.
- Seniors Card holders are not eligible for Concession prices.
- The WOMADelaide Foundation is a participant of the National Companion Card scheme, offering disabled patrons holding a current companion card a second ticket for their accompanying companion at no charge.
Children 12 years and under
For the 2022 festival there will be a small charge for children’s tickets. As our capacity is reduced we have a limited number of children’s tickets. Each adult ticket purchaser is entitled to bring two children 12 years and under for free, and additional Children’s tickets can be purchased at $25 for a festival ticket OR $10 per single day. Children aged between 1-12 will be required to wear a barcoded wristband which will be scanned in and out of the park. Children must enter with a responsible adult - unaccompanied children will not gain access.
Discounted tickets available for youths aged 13 – 17 years old.
Ticket / Delivery Terms
- All tickets are to be purchased online using your Visa, Mastercard or debit card. If you do not have access to a computer please call our office on 1300 496 623 Mon – Fri between 10 – 4pm.
- Upon successful completion of your purchase a confirmation email is sent to your nominated email address, please note that this is simply confirmation of your order, not your entry ticket. All purchasers will be allocated a barcoded wristband, this wristband is your entry and exit to the Festival. We anticipate postage of wristbands to start late January 2022. Every wristband is uniquely identified by a barcode linking the wristband to the purchaser. Fit your posted wristband prior to your arrival. You must leave your wristband on for the duration of its validity.
- The event does not offer a ticket resale facility. Tickets purchased via unauthorised third-party sellers may not be valid, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund, and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- Unauthorised sale or duplication of your ticket may result in you being denied entry to the venue. The venue and/or the event manager are not responsible for any inconvenience caused by such unauthorised sale or duplication. In the event that duplicate copies of a ticket are presented at the gate, we reserve the right to deny entry to all parties.
- Subject to availability tickets can be exchanged for equal value or upgraded for other dates or sessions. Downgrades are not permitted.
- Please choose your ticket(s) carefully. In accordance with Live Performance Australia’s Code of Practice for Event Ticketing, event management does not offer refunds for the following reasons:
- Failure to attend the event
- Change of mind
- Changes to the line-up/program
- Inclement/severe weather - this is an all-weather event
- Late attendance
- Refused entry or eviction from the event
- Event dissatisfaction
- Fear of exposure to COVID-19
- Refund exceptions are:
- If you are travelling to South Australia from interstate and cannot attend WOMADelaide due to COVID restrictions you can request a refund. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing supporting documentation.
- Where a ticket purchaser is required by public health order to self-isolate or quarantine due to testing positive for COVID, or by being a close contact of a COVID case. With supporting documentation, refunds will be issued.
- In the unlikely event that WOMADelaide is cancelled, rescheduled and/or relocated, the full value of the ticket(s), shall be refunded.
For full Australian ticketing codes of practice, please visit www.liveperformance.com.au
The Conditions of Entry include a range of public health measures to keep patrons, artists and staff safe. Purchasers agree that:
- It is a condition of entry that patrons 12 years and older are fully vaccinated to attend the Event. Individuals who are not able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an official medical exemption, will be denied entry. Please speak to your doctor if you have any questions at all regarding vaccinations or exemptions.
- We encourage all patrons who become eligible for a booster dose to receive theirs as soon as possible and we encourage parents of children aged 5–11* years to secure a minimum of one dose of paediatric COVID-19 vaccine. *this will not be a condition of entry and the vaccination status of children 5-11 will not be checked on entry.
- Attendees will be required to display their COVID-19 Digital Certificate via their smartphone prior to entry. Where this is not possible, a printed immunisation statement along with proof of identification will be accepted.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption and provide a recent negative PCR test result no older than 72 hours.
- Patrons agree to comply with any Government guidance, State directives or legislation with regards to COVID Safe practices, which may include (but are not limited to): QR Code check-in (or provide details on paper records) upon entry; practise physical distancing where applicable; good hygiene; and/or any COVID Safe practices that are current at the time of the event.
- Failure to comply with any government guidance, State directives or legislation with regards to COVID Safe protocols or any other relevant health directives could result in your entry being refused or your eviction from the event.
- Correct contact information (name, address, email and mobile phone number) must be provided at the time of purchase.
- Scan into the venue, entry and exit is via Barcoded wristband.
- Security will search all bags upon entry.
- Alcohol, illicit drugs, glass containers, and animals (except guide and assistant animals) are prohibited from being brought into the venue. Bags will be inspected by security upon entry.
- The event manager takes no responsibility for lost or damaged property.
- In line with our standard ticketing terms and conditions, the event manager reserves the right to refuse entry to the holder of tickets that have been on-sold without our permission.
- The event manager reserves the right to view proof of eligibility for Concession ticket purchases.
- Tickets that have been purchased or obtained through illegal means will be refused entry to the event and may be handed over to SA Police.
- This is an all-weather event and will go ahead, rain or shine. You agree to wear adequate clothing and footwear for an all-weather outdoor event, suited to the time of year and the weather conditions on the day. Suitable shoes and protective clothing is recommended especially if the weather has been wet or hot.
- Patrons consent to being included in any photography, film and/or sound recordings within the event or its surrounds, and grant the right to this information being used by us or by third-parties directly associated with the event for future marketing or promotional purposes.
- To avoid congestion at the gates, we encourage patrons arrive early. GATES open 3:30pm on Friday 11 March and 10:30am on Saturday 12, Sunday 13 and Monday 14 March.
- No busking or performing within the event or its surrounds without prior written permission from the event manager.
- No flyering or pamphletting is permitted in any surrounding areas.
- No person shall interfere with plants, water fixtures or any other installation within the venue.
- In keeping with South Australian Government health regulations banning smoking from all outdoor dining areas, the event is a smoke-free event. Patrons wishing to smoke will be able to do so in the designated smoking areas marked on the event map.
- The venue is licensed. Patrons attending the event must comply with all liquor licensing laws. In order to purchase and/or consume alcohol at the event, patrons must be over the age of 18 and have valid photo ID. It is a condition of the Liquor Licence for the event that any patron under the age of 18 must be in the company and supervision of an adult.
- Promotional offers are only available online at womadelaide.com.au.
- Promotional offers are not valid on already discounted ticket types.
WOMADelaide offers a payment plan option for 3-Day and 4-Day tickets only.
Festival tickets will be available on the payment plan from 4 November. By opting to use our payment plan for the purchase of your WOMADelaide tickets you authorise the WOMADelaide Foundation to deduct agreed weekly amounts from your nominated VISA or MasterCard.
The first payment will reserve your ticket(s). All subsequent payments will be automatically charged to the credit card used for the initial payment. Following instalments will be automatically charged on a fortnightly basis between 1 am and 4 am on Friday mornings. Please ensure your credit card is valid during the time to pay period.
All ticket fees including postage and an administration fee of $5.00 plus 1.5% credit card fee will be added to your purchase and deducted with the first instalment.
It is a requirement of entry that you register your contact details with WOMADelaide.
If a Payment Plan is entered into between midnight Monday and 4am Friday the next instalment will be scheduled for the following week.
All instalments must be finalised by 8 February, 2022.
Other discount prices offered are not available through the Payment Plan.
Changes to Payment Schedule and Refunds
Payment plan schedules cannot be changed, and unless required under applicable Trade Practices and Consumer Protection laws, you will not be entitled to a refund or exchange during the pay by instalment process. It is your responsibility to ensure that the credit card account details you have provided are correct and up to date and you have sufficient clear funds available in the account on the scheduled payment dates. If, for any reason, any of your payments are declined, in whole or in part, WOMADelaide will contact you requesting payment. Any fees charged to you by your banking institution will be payable by you.
Delivery of Tickets
Tickets purchased under the Pay by Instalment plan will not be delivered until all payments have been made. Once full payment has been received, you will receive an email advising that your wristband(s) (entry) will posted via your selected delivery method.
By purchasing with the Pay by Instalment plan, you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Payment tickets are subject to all other terms and conditions of the WOMADelaide ticketing agreement.